Is Rohdea japonica poisonous indoors

Lydia Rodarte-Quayle
2020-05-06 09:29:55
Although the juice of Rohdea japonica has certain toxicity, it will not volatilize toxic gas and has the ability to purify the air, so it can be cultured indoors. In daily maintenance, it is necessary to avoid breaking its leaves and stems, so as to prevent contamination with the internal juice. These liquids are harmful to the skin and may cause vomiting. If there is a child at home, it's best to put the plant out of the child's reach, so as not to get SAP poisoning.

Is it poisonous?

The sap in the leaves and stems of Rohdea japonica is poisonous. After touching, the skin will be allergic and itchy, and dripping into the eyes may also cause temporary blindness. If you eat by mistake, it will cause vomiting, dizziness and other symptoms. However, it will not emit toxic gases, so as long as avoid touching the juice, it will not be poisoned

Can I put it indoors?

Evergreen can be cultured indoors. Although its juice is toxic, it is usually not touched, so it can be safely kept indoors. Besides, it not only has good ornamental, but also can purify the air and absorb formaldehyde. And as an Rohdea japonica plant, it also has auspicious meaning.

3. Precautions

Evergreen is more suitable for growth in a half shade environment. Indoor breeding should not be placed on the balcony, but in the living room, study and other places. In addition, if there is a child at home, it should be placed in a place that the child can't touch, so as not to break the leaves and contaminate the juice.

Rohdea japonica

The Plant Aide - Plant experts around you

The Plant Aide - Plant experts around you